Literacy Lubbock is an Adult Education Non-Profit based in Lubbock, Texas that offers it employees a chance to work with mature students that have already taken part in the workforce.
Working with adult learns engages your head and your heart. We are a United Way Partner Agency that is known for the great care we take with our learners and community partners.
We're looking for an Executive Director.
- Bachelor's degree in Education or Human Services
- 3-5 years experience in adult education
- Solid, hands-on, computer skills, budget management skills, including buedge prepartion, analysis, decision-making and reporting
- Strong organizational abilities including planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation
- Knowledge of fundraising strategies and donor relations unique to the nonprofit sector
- Skills to collaborate with and motivate board members and other volunteers
- Demonstrated ability to oversee and collaborate with staff
- Implements the strategic goals and objectivies of the organization as established by the Board of Directors
- Oversees and participates in team planning consultations regarding literacy programs
- Responsible for the submission of foundation grants and proposals
- Reviews program needs with other staff members regarding methods to improve, enhance, and extend program services as well as the capability for outreach to proespective adult learnings in Lubbock
Count and the surrounding areas of the South Plains
- Develope new partnerships and opporunities for Literacy Lubbock